How it works
We meet for one hour, four times a year, and each member brings a donation of 100ANG.
- Every member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or worthy causes. They can submit them at the prior meeting or anytime up to two weeks before the next meeting
- All nomination names are put into a hat two weeks before the meeting.
- Three names are drawn at random from the charities nominated and vetted to ensure they meet the criteria
- A 100 Women Who Care member or representative of the charity then makes a 5-minute presentation about their charity at the meeting outlining for what they would use the funds should they win
- All members vote for one of the three causes to support at that meeting.
You go home knowing you have made a difference.
A few simple rules
- We each donate 100ANG per meeting (That comes out to just 0.27ANG a day each year).
- The nominator of each of the three charities selected from the hat will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. This presentation must be made by a member of the 100 Women Who Care, who may or may not be a member of the organization or a representative of the charity
- By ballot, the group will vote, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All monies go to one charity. There are no administration costs.
- No international charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Curaçao.
- Only three charities will be presented at each meeting.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- A year after being selected by the group, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.
To join 100 Women Who Care Curaçao, complete a Membership Form and return it via mail, email, or bring it to the next meeting. To nominate a charity for consideration, complete a Nomination Form and return it via mail, or email at least two days before the next meeting. You must be at the meeting to put the name in the hat and speak about the organization.
NOTE: Completed cheques, if not present for the meeting, can be mailed to: